1. Problem Definition
At this second blog I’ll write about things that I had just experienced. The last few weeks, two of my kids had a prolonged cough illness despite after chek up to the doctor two times. After I observed, I concluded that maybe they are allergic to changes in air quality. Eventually I plan to buy an air purifier to be installed in the child’s room.
2. Development of Feasible Alternatives
There are many brands of air purifier at an electronics store with a variety of different specifications. I will use Full Analytical Criteria Method to select the option, that method will help me narrow down the options through a systematic approach of comparing choices by selecting, weighting, and applying criteria.
3. Development Outcomes for Alternative
First, list all the option also list any criteria on which to choose, it becomes the initial data as table below.
4. Selection of Criteria
After setting options and criteria, make the weighting matrix to compare the criteria with the criteria, it is also among the criteria and the option. Evaluate each criterion in relation to each other criterion and criterion with option, assign a number designating their relative importance. Use the following number system:
1 = Equally important.
5 = More important/preferred.
10 = Much more important/preferred
1/5 = Less important/preferred.
1/10 = Much less important/preferred.
5. Analysis of the Alternatives
6. Selection of Preferred Alternative
The calculation result shows that the highest value is 0.2633, that’s option fell on Honeywell 18200 air purifier brands with the biggest value criteria in capacity.
7. Performance Monitoring & Post Evaluation of Results
Full Analytical Criteria Method is very helpful in my case. To further refine the results can be done with the survey and PERT analysis. Criterion can be add much more in terms of both kualitative and quantitative.
Brassard, M and Ritter, D (2010), The Memory Jogger (2nd Edition), Canada, GOAL/QPC
- Full Analytical Method. Retrieved from http://www.qualityamerica.com/knowledgecenter/qualityimprovementtools/full_analytical_method.asp
- Full Criteria Analytical Method. Retrieved from http://www.syque.com/improvement/Analytical%20Criteria%20Method.htm
- Info air purifier product. Retrieved from http://www.bhinneka.com/category/air_purifier/brands/sharp.aspx